Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On Hiatus

Well guys, here we are again. I apologize for my long absence-- this last year has been super-busy, and every time I'd sit down to slam out a review I'd get over-excited by all the ideas that have been floating around and never make it back to finish what I'd started. But here I am now, on the other side of much of the madness, with abundant free time and the inclination to drop some solid reviews and cultural commentaries. Unfortunately, I won't be doing so here. Mind the Bats has been awesome- I do believe that it's around four years old by this point, which doesn't relate to awesomeness except for the fact that it's been keeping my attention for that long- and it's been a whole lot of fun watching these little reviews slowly evolve into something resembling writing of merit, but it's time for this specific project to come to an end, at least for now. Perhaps it's the Internet-permanency link to those (now embarrassing) original posts full of awkward phrasing, or perhaps it's just time for a new, broader focus than just snarky movie reviews. Honestly, a lot of it has to do with my personal dissatisfactions with Blogger as a platform-- as much as social media is detestable for whatever reason, it can get kind of lonely to keep writing these things with no real way of letting people spread the word, and as I prepare to possibly make a go of writing professionally, word is what I'd kind of like to be spread, even though I loathe self-promotion. So, I'm pretty much picking this up and moving it over to Tumblr, where the user interface is much more friendly and folks, if they like what they see, are free to reblog. I hope that the change isn't too heartbreaking for y'all, my five or so devoted readers. I'm certainly going to miss this little corner of cyberspace, but who knows? Perhaps we'll be back again someday.

So until next time gang, I'll see you over at that other place. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments: